Wednesday, January 31, 2018

5 Tips To Notifying USPS Of Your New Address

There are several things that you must take into consideration when moving to a new place. Some of the factors you must pay attention to include packing, security of your new home, and filing paperwork before you move. It is also imperative for you to let the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) know when you move. Without straying away from the topic any further, here are 5 tips to notifying USPS of your new address. Visit the site,, for more useful information on address change. 

Tip 1: Change your address online

There is no need for you to pay a visit to your local post office to change your address. You can submit your address change via the Internet. All you will need to do is to visit the official site of USPS,, submit your credit/debit card details, your valid email address, and address change. The post office then electronically verifies the information you submit with the issuer of your credit/debit card. And, if the card billing address matches the address you are moving from, you will receive an email confirmation of the change in your address. 

Tip 2: Ensure that your entire household is covered 

When changing your address with the USPS, it is essential for you to include the names of everyone moving with you. Why should you do that? Well, for instance, if you forget to include the name of your partner, his/her mail won´t be forwarded. However, if you only have some of the family members moving with you with the rest staying put, you will need to fill out a separate change of address form for those moving with you using the ¨individual¨ option. 

Tip 3: Determine if you need a temporary or permanent change of address 

When changing your address with the USPS, you will have to choose whether to file a permanent or temporary change of address. A permanent change of address, as its name suggests, enables your mail to be forwarded to your permanent address for a specified period of time. However, if you are planning to spend winter in a warmer spot or summer somewhere cool, it is better for you to request a temporary change of address. 

Tip 4: Change your address by filling out Form 3575 

Form 3575 is the official mail forwarding change of address order and you can easily acquire the form from your post office. It is also possible for you to print it from the official site of USPS. You should then complete the form and mail it to the specified address a couple of weeks before your move. 

Tip 5: Change your address by phone 

If you want to change your address by phone, you should call 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777). Of course, you will have to go through an identity verification process. Hence, you should have your credit/debit card details ready when you change your address by phone.

Disclosure: This post was written by the client. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I personally believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! ♥

Hello Jack © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat